Thursday, July 8, 2010

5 months old

My 5 month old:



I can't believe it but Joseph turned 5 months old yesterday. The time has really flown by. I would say that overall he has been an awesome baby, very easy going, predictable and loveable. I say overall because this week has been pretty difficult. Joseph has turned into a real momma's boy. He doesn't want me to put him down at all. He screams if I am not holding him and if I walk by when Dave is holding him he throws a fit. His naps haven't been very long either and it just seems like this week the boys are on totally different nap schedules which means that I haven't gotten a break at all. The longest break I got was 18 minutes (I got on the treadmill as soon as I put Samuel down for his nap and Joseph had been sleeping for about 30 minutes, so I thought for sure I would get in a good 30 minutes on the treadmill. I was wrong, only 18 minutes).

It makes for a very long and tiring day when I am constantly with one or both of the boys. When my day starts at 5:30 am with Joseph and doesn't end until 8:30pm when Samuel goes to bed, I am pretty worn out. Today hasn't been too bad because the boys have been pretty good. I know these crazy days will pass quickly, but it is hard to keep that in mind when I am so exhausted.

Okay, now for Joseph's updates. We have his 5 month doctor's appointment next week, so I will know his statistics then, but for now this is what he is up to:

1. He rolls from his back to front and front to back.

2. He also just rolls around.

3. He wakes up (at least the past two mornings) and rolls himself to his music box and turns his music on in the morning. He stays in bed about an hour to hour and a half longer after he turns his music on. He normally sleeps at the other end of the bed, but in the morning he rolls himself to the opposite end, turns himself on his side and smacks his arm against the music box until it comes on. Kind of crazy how a 5 month old can figure that out.

4. He prefers to sleep on his sides. He starts off on his back and then sleeps most of the night and nap times on his side (I love the video monitor. I can check him out while he is sleeping).

5. He has just begun to eat rice cereal. The last few days he has consumed about 1 tablespoon at eat feeding time. He gets so excited when he figured out how to actually eat it and goes nuts trying to eat the spoon. (I think he is finally feeling full. Last night he slept from 8 pm until 5:30 am. What a nice break).

6. He doesn't suck his thumb or use a pacifier.

7. He does suck on his hand and loves to play with his feet.

8. He loves laughing and watching his big brother.

9. He is super close to sitting up on his own, but he leans so far forward that he normally falls over. I give him a few more weeks and he will probably be sitting by himself.

I know he is doing a lot more but I can't think of anything else right now.

I still have 5 more pounds to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. However, my goal is to lose at least 15 more. I am feeling pretty depressed about my weight lately. Next week I am going to try to exercise everyday and try to get on a consistent schedule. That has been my problem lately.

I am going to try to shower now before one of the kids wake up.

5 comments:

Mom said...

OMG, what a beautiful boy! He is getting so big. I can't wait to see him, he has changed so much in 6 weeks. Your doing a wonderful job with your sons.

megan said...

OMG, he is SO cute!!! Can't wait to see him again. :) I love all the stats!

And congrats on getting to close to your pre-preg weight! That is fantastic. I think you look terrific - don't be so hard on yourself! xoxo

Sarah said...

Thanks Megan. It just gets depressing sometimes. Hopefully by the time you come in August I will be back to a good weight, then I won't feel guilty about eating and drinking!

Anonymous said...

Joseph is so beautiful, your are a WONDERFUL mom !
love ,oma

Laura and Jonathan said...

Happy 5 months, sweet Joseph! It was fun hanging out with you yesterday. You are the cutest little boy EVER!!! Well, besides your big brother. But now he's a "bigger little boy," so you can be the cutest "little" boy ever.

We love you all!