Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Picking

I can't really explain where the weeks have gone.  Life has been super busy.  I think the heat is getting to all of us.  We are all cranky and irritable.  

We also began finishing our basement.  It has been very stressful.  The plumbing is done for now, the HVAC is done for now and the framing is in progress.  It is a mess in the basement with sawdust everywhere.  Dave and I are slowly trying to work our way down the list of things to do.  I picked out all the lights for the basement yesterday.  There is still so much to do.  I think that has added to our crankiness.  

Last weekend was pretty difficult.  The kids were as good as they could be, but it was hot and Dave and I were in a funk so we weren't exactly the most patient of parents.  On Saturday we went to the zoo and saw the new Sea Lion exhibit.  I didn't bring my camera because we just had too much shit with us and it was hot, so I didn't want to carry anything extra.  Of course the kids got some paintings on their arms, we rode the train and walked around a little bit before it was time to go.  We didn't see any animals except for the sea lions.  It was a pretty quick trip.  After the zoo we went to the Boathouse.  We really like the Boathouse, but it still stresses me out being there because I am always worried the kids are going to fall into the water when they are trying to feed the ducks.  The stress of the experience is almost enough for me not to want to go.  The food and beer are both good though.  

The weekend before we intended to go peach picking at Eckert's, but because it has been so hot out they are not allowing peach picking.  The peaches aren't growing like they usually do, so they aren't allowing the public to pick them at every location.  I think one location is allowing limited picking.  They were allowing blackberry, tomato and pepper picking.  It was awesome.  The blackberries were huge and delicious.  We still had a ton of fun.  I posted pictures.  

The week is moving very slowly.  It was 107 yesterday and I have no idea what it is going to be today. When Samuel gets home from camp we are heading to the pool.  We need to wear our kids out so we can all have a nice relaxing evening.  


I have a picture of each of the kids with George, so I had to post one with George and Simone.

Posing

Samuel was striking a pose

Of course Joseph had to as well

On our way to picking

On the tractor to get to the blackberries

This hat lasted on her head long enough for me to take the picture.  She isn't a huge hat fan.

Simone loved her some blackberries

Here we are picking


Yum, lots of blackberries

Picking tomatoes

Samuel was a big helper

Here's what we got

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear from you again. Marleen says that you're too busy to even call you......Looks like you had some fun, though. Thanks for being a good Mom. Thanks to Dave for being a good Dad.

Love,

OPA

megan said...

Dang, that is HOT!!! I didn't realize it was THAT hot over there! Yikes. Those blackberries look awesome. I've been loving them this year. The kids look so adorable!! Hope you guys are feeling less crazed soon! I've been wanting to call you back but every time I pick up the phone, it's too late or it's dinnertime in your time zone. :( One of these days we'll catch each other! xoxo