Monday, July 9, 2012

My big girl

On Friday Simone has her 9 month appointment.  Luckily she didn't get any shots, but they will be coming when she turns 1.

Here are her stats.

Height: 28.50 inches (81%)
Weight: 19 lbs, 1.4 oz (55%)
Head: 17.32 inches (50%)

Right now she is tall and skinny.  I thought for sure she would be a higher percentage for weight.  She is so heavy and has rolls everywhere.  I love it!

We had a pretty nice weekend considering it was HOT!!!  We went to the pool on Saturday and played inside the rest of the afternoon. On Sunday, I took the boys for a long walk to the donut store (we were gone for about 45 minutes) and then we stayed in the rest of the day.  Luckily a cold front went through and it will only be 95 today.

The boys both have school/camp, so I am going to try to get all my grocery shopping and cleaning done.

I really wanted to try to get Joseph to use the potty this summer, but he is so stubborn and has not much of a desire.  I think we are moving in the right direction though.  I don't really want to put pressure on him to go in the potty because I know it will happen soon, but he is just so strange.  He has started to tell us all the time when he pees or poops in his diaper and wants to be changed.  The other funny thing he does is jumps up from whatever he is doing, runs into the bathroom, sits on the little potty (with all his clothes on), clearly goes pee, runs out and tells us that he has peed and asks us to change his diaper. If we try to get him to take his diaper off and pee in the potty he screams "NOOOOOOOOO!"  I guess he is just not ready, but it is so strange.  Samuel was so excited to pee in the potty and was pretty much potty trained by Joseph's age.  I am just taking Joseph's lead and encouraging him to tell us when he pees and at some point we will move to actually going in the potty.


Kids are so funny and unique.  I love it!

1 comment:

megan said...

Isn't it insane that we're saying things like "only" 95 degrees?! thank goodness!! Sorry I missed your call yesterday - hope we can catch up soon!! xoxo