Thursday, May 31, 2012

Where has the month gone?

I can't believe we are at May 31st already.  This month has really flown by.  Today is Samuel's last day of school.  He is very excited because next Monday he starts camp.  We signed him up for a summer camp and I am also really excited about it too.  He gets swim lessons in the morning, then arts and crafts, sports and lots of other things in the afternoon.  It should be a really fun two weeks.

Simone is military crawling and rolling all over the place. She is really getting up on her hands and knees, but hasn't figured out exactly how to crawl yet.  She also pulled up in her crib half way yesterday.  She was on her tummy and pulled herself almost up to her knees.  It is a good thing Dave lowered her crib all the way to the bottom.  I have a feeling pulling up to standing is coming very soon.

She hasn't been much of a eater lately.  She really just wants to nurse and then snacks a little bit on food.  I think it is because teeth are finally making there way in.  She got her first bottom middle tooth yesterday and I felt her mouth again this morning and I think the other middle tooth is about to come in as well.  I wouldn't be surprised if more start popping up too.  She has been very cranky, chewing on her hands and drooling like crazy.  Teething is not fun at all around here.

Other then being extremely busy with the kids, I have managed to start reading and am almost finished with the Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy.  I always get sucked into reading the popular books.  I just have to see what it is all about.  The books are not well written.  It annoys me when authors repeat the same descriptive words over and over.  I just don't like her writing style much.  There is a lot of sex in the books and I was truly shocked by some things.  Even though I want to hate the books completely, I can't stop reading them.  I am half way through the last book and it is better then the first by far.  If you want an easy entertaining read, then you should pick them up.  If only just to read what everyone is talking about.  After I finish this next book I will be starting Water for Elephants.  I have seen the movie, but I have heard the book is really good and we are reading it for book club.

Not much more exciting information here.  Have a wonderful summer!

No comments: