Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

I had an absolutely wonderful Mother's Day.  Dave let me sleep in both days (getting up at 8 never felt so good) and we had a lot of family time.  It was really enjoyable.  On Sunday morning, we went across the street to our neighbors house for a huge brunch.  The kids played and got really worn out.  Then our babysitter came over to watch the kids for three hours.  Dave and I went to the driving range and did a little shopping (Dave got new golf shoes and a new driver, even though it was mother's day and I got some new golf clothes).  

I was pleasantly surprised at my golf skills.  I hadn't picked up a golf club or two years.  Right before I got pregnant with Joseph, I took a golf lesson (because the goal was to get better over the summer) and I was ready to play.  Then I got pregnant with Joseph and I had pretty severe side pains and my doctors told me "NO EXERCISE" of any kind in the first trimester.  Although golf isn't really a true form of exercise, they didn't want me to do any twisting.  (I had a very enlarged ovary because of taking Clomid to get pregnant and doing any exercise or twisting could have caused my ovary to twist around the fallopian tube and cause it to rupture.  Anyway, I bet you didn't know that could happen.  I sure didn't).  

Anyway, I stopped playing golf.  Then I got pregnant for Simone right when I wanted to start up again.  Now that we know no more kids are in our future, it was time to clean the cobwebs off (literally they were all over) and get back to hitting some balls.  I think my lesson actually helped.  I made contact and was hitting straight.  I am really excited to keep practicing and then one of these days get on the course and play with Dave.  

We finally got some pictures of me with the kids.  I barely have any pictures of me because I am the one always taking the pictures.  Some turned out pretty well.  Here you go:







3 comments:

Charisa said...

Glad you had a great Mother's Day! The pictures are great!

Charisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
megan said...

love all the pics!! (I loved them on FB too! :P) you look so much like your mom in some of them. :) glad you had such a nice day!!