Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sometimes life just gets in the way

I have had a very busy and rough February and March so far.  The kids were passing sickness back and forth for 6 weeks.  I have been exhausted.  Dave and I are in serious need of time alone and with each other.  We are hoping to get that this weekend.

Samuel is almost done with his Spring Break.  We have been having absolutely beautiful weather around here, so we have been spending a lot of time outside.  Today is the first day it really started raining.  It isn't bad out, but we can't play outside.

In the last few weeks since I posted last, Simone has gone from being swaddled at nap time and bedtime to just sleeping in a sleep sack.  She is getting used to having more freedom and it is disrupting her sleep, but now that she is rolling around like a crazy girl and works her arms out of the swaddle we figured it was time to make the change.  I am getting so sick of her waking up in the middle of the night.  She really has enjoyed the last 6 weeks of sleeping right next to me in bed when she was sick, so she is also adjusting to that as well.  Last night I let her cry it out around 12:30 because I am so sick of her waking up then.  She ended up rolling to her stomach, crying for about 10 minutes and then slept for another three and a half hours.  Hopefully she will just sleep through that 12:30 time now.  We will see.  I am not getting her anymore, so she better make the quick adjustment.

So not only has her sleep been changing, but last week we started rice cereal.  She LOVES it.  She is an eating machine.  We give her cereal at night when we are all eating dinner.  We have actually had a few nights were we are all sitting down at the same time, which is a big change.  I have also incorporated applesauce a few nights with the cereal and she loves that too.

I will post more pictures when I download them.

Here's to wonderful weekend.  We need it around here.

No comments: