Friday, March 30, 2012

Lots of firsts


A few weeks ago Simone started eating rice cereal.  She has now had rice cereal, applesauce and bananas.  She LOVES food.  Here are some pictures of her eating for the first time.

She was a little hesitant..

She loved it!
 I pulled out the activity play thing from the basement because she is rolling around like crazy and I needed a place to container her while I am getting food ready for the boys in the morning and in the evening.

She really does like it a lot.  She is starting to have the funniest facial expressions.  I love being able to capture some of them with the camera.


I love this one!

Look who's sitting.  Simone is now able to sit up for about 30 seconds on her own.  I usually put something behind her, just in case she topples over.  She gets so happy with herself and then usually falls flat on her face.


 Here she is sitting this morning.  Then I got a rare picture of all of the kids together.


Joseph is such a ham, he always yells cheese as soon as the camera comes out, so we always get crazy pictures of him.  Samuel looks so huge next to both of them.  

Samuel took this picture.  
I finally got a good picture of my mom and Simone.  I love this one.

In other news,  Joseph peed in the potty for the first time ever.  He has had zero interest in going pee in the potty.  He usually screams when we take his diaper off and ask him to sit.  I haven't put any pressure on him, but I was wondering when he would start getting interested.  On Wednesday I took his diaper off because I was planning to give him a bath and I let him run around a little without a diaper on.  It looked like he had to pee so I asked him if he wanted to try.  I was talking to my mom on the phone and I asked him if he wanted to show Savta how he could pee in the potty.  He ran right into the bathroom and peed.  It was awesome.  We were all screaming.  I thought that would get him more interested in going, but he hasn't had any interest again.  I guess we will just see what happens.

In more pee news (I know you all really want to know about this, but this is exciting for me), Samuel has gone almost two weeks being dry at night.  We tried no pull up for three days and he wet the bed once.  I told him we were going to finish off the rest of his pull ups and if he is dry until the end, we never have to use them again.  He is so excited!  He also likes the fact that I give him some money to put in his wallet when he wakes up with a dry diaper.  He was never motived by food, but he is motivated by money.  Smart kid.  I told him that he only gets money when he works for it.  Money is not just given to him because he wants it, he has to earn it.  There are so many lessons for him to learn.

I can't believe it is almost April.  Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Simone's look is such a Sarah look!

megan said...

love all the pics!!