Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Emerging in more ways then one

I am finally emerging from the moving boxes I have been under.  We moved two weeks ago on Monday.  Moving to this house was probably the most stressful terrible experiences I have had in my life so far.  I have no idea why it totally pushed Dave and I over the edge but it did.  It was terrible.  So terrible that I found my first grey hair the other night.  It was solid white and it was right in front.  This move aged me at least 10 years.  I am hoping to get those years back but finally starting to relax in our new house.

I had no idea we had so much shit.  When we had decided to put our house on the market again, last August (that was before we decided to build and didn't put it on the market) we got a POD and filled it up with miscellaneous shit from our house.  Then once we closed on our new house Dave and I started to move smaller stuff over.  I probably did at least 8 car loads myself and Dave probably did 4.  I thought we had moved a significant amount.  I was totally wrong.

We hired Dielman Moving to move us.  The actual movers were awesome, but the management was absolutely terrible.  They treated us terribly and I ended up calling one of the head managers and completely bitching him out.  We will never use them again even though they were the cheapest and the movers were awesome.  The customer service was beyond disgusting and I never want to deal with them again.  I guess it doesn't matter because we are never moving again.

We ended up having three moving guys and one truck, then they realized that we were going to need more then one truck and it was getting later in evening and they thought it would be best if a few more movers came and helped get everything packed and taken to our new house.  The movers finally left around 8 pm.  We were all exhausted.

Then the real madness began.  The unpacking of the boxes and organization of everything was overwhelming.  I am still not completely unpacked or organized.  It just seems like the days fly by and I just barely touch things.  My goal is to work on the basement in the next few weeks.

I know I am a little nuts when it comes to organization, but it is driving me crazy to have clutter.  We still haven't gotten our POD back and I want it soon.  We don't have a microwave right now and some furniture.  I think I will feel better when we have everything in our house.

We just put our other house on the market.  That will be a relief once that is sold as well.  Dave and I spent two weeks cleaning, painting and clearing out as much as we could out of the old house.  We still have stuff in the garage, but we are just going to wait until it is sold before we clear all that out.

I promise to post pictures soon, but right now things are just so messy.  We are also getting our new kitchen table on Wednesday and hopefully all our new rugs by Friday.  Once those come it, things will start feeling and looking much better.

I am absolutely exhausted.  I am trying to catch up on as much sleep as possible, but I am having a very hard time sleeping.  Stress really interferes with my sleep.  Hopefully I will be posting happy pictures soon.

2 comments:

megan said...

awww, i'm so sorry it has been so stressful!!! sadly I can completely relate. I still have stuff in boxes and disorganized. just remember, you're the only one who cares if it's all put away and perfect - no one else does! so cut yourself some slack. :) it will get better!!! hope you get some good sleep soon and feel less stressed!!! xoxoxoxo

mikey said...

the house looked absolutely beautiful to me. take your time and enjoy the process.