Monday, June 23, 2008

Eventful day today

Today has been very busy. I decided that I was going to try to take Samuel for the first time to the childcare at the Missouri Athletic Club. I really need to start working out again regularly and I have been so nervous about leaving Samuel with people I don't know (plus he had been sick, so I really didn't want to take him around other kids). I had to get over my fear. So this morning I packed up all his stuff, pumped a bottle and headed off. He fell asleep on the way there, so I dropped him off asleep and went to work out. I worked out for about 50 minutes and then took a shower (I wasn't sure if I would have any other time to do it during the day). I was gone for about an hour and a half and I went to pick him up and he was happy as can be. They said he didn't cry at all and he loved looking at all the other kids. I was so relieved.  I guess he has them all fooled.

We are going to try it again on Wednesday.  There is a class I want to take at 9, which is right around his nap time.  Hopefully he will do well again. 

Then later this afternoon a friend of mine called and said she and her daughter, Elise were going to go to the pool in the afternoon and wanted to know if Samuel and I wanted to go.  I had really cute swim trunks for Samuel, but I didn't have a suit for myself.  I was a little reluctant to get into a suit because I look terrible, but I ran to Target and got myself a one piece suit that actually looks pretty cute.  

Around 1:30 we headed off to the pool.  The water was a little cold at first and Samuel didn't really like it, but after a while he got used to it.  He lasted about 20 minutes in the pool, 30 minutes just hanging out in the sun and then about an hour in the shade.  Then he got super cranky.  By then time I got him in his car seat and turned on the car to leave, he was out cold.  He has been asleep for about an hour now.  Hopefully he will sleep well tonight.

Below are some pictures of Samuel and Elise at the pool.  So cute.  






No comments: