Monday, April 22, 2013

Where are you nice weather?

I am so ready for it to be consistently nice outside.  All this rain and cold is making me depressed.  I think the entire family is ready for more outdoor play.

I haven't posted since running my half-marathon the first weekend of April (can you believe it is already the end of April! This month has flown by.)  Anyway, my goal was to finish in 2 hours 15 minutes.  I wasn't sure if I could do it, but I killed it.  I ran it in 2 hours 11 minutes.  While training for this half I consistently said that this was my last one and I was going to move on to something else list triathlons.  I am still planning on doing that, but I think I am going to run at least one more half.  I would love to get closer to 2 hours and if I am lucky enough to get under 2 I would be so excited.  The St. Louis Go! Half Marathon is a very difficult course.  It has a ton of hills and then the last two miles are almost completely uphill.  It is a killer.  I heard that the St. Louis Rock-n-Roll half in October is a really good course and a lot more fun.  I think I am going to try it.  We will see.

I have been more motivated to run then ever due to the tragic and terrible events at the Boston Marathon.  I was sickened at the fact that spectators were killed and injured.  It freaked me out because I had just ran the race the weekend before.  Dave was planning to meet me at the finish line with all the kids and I he ended up not being able to come, but I was thinking of all the other family members that were waiting for their loved ones to cross the line or just enjoying and cheering on runners.  It made me sick.

This past Saturday the entire family met at Forest Park for a St. Louis Unity Run 4 Boston.  It was a three mile run and the kids were great.  Simone sat in the stroller the whole time although she really wanted to get out.  Samuel ran close to 2 and a half miles and I think Joseph ran about half of a mile.  It was nice to see so many people come together.  We had a great time and the kids really enjoyed be out and exercising.  Samuel is become really excited about running.  He wants to go on runs with me all the time.  Maybe he will turn out to be my running partner!

We are going to be starting our garden again.  We can't wait to grow our own food.  It was so much fun to pick green beans, lettuce, beets and carrots last year.  Can't wait to expand.

Time to go pick the boys up for school.  My free mornings just fly by. It is unbelievable.

No comments: