Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My half is almost here

After three full months of training, the half marathon is finally here this weekend.  I am running on Sunday and although I have been extremely excited to see how I do time wise with training I am a little unhappy about the weather forecast.  It is supposed to be nice, like in the 60's but it looks like it will be raining in the morning.  Yuck.  I HATE running in the rain.  I am hoping that it will clear up and I won't be running 2 hours soaking wet.

My body is so ready for this running to be over.  My back is hurting and my knees are hurting.  I can't imagine training and running a full marathon.  I think my body might crumble into little pieces if I tried to do that.

This may be my last half.  I say may because most likely I will want to do it again, but right now I don't have much desire.  I am however going to start training for a sprint triathlon.  I am really excited about that.  I know I can breeze through the running and after some practice and training the biking will be fine too.  What I am worried about it the swimming.  I need to take a couple swim lessons for adults.  I have a problem with coordination when it comes to kicking and breathing and keeping up the swimming.  If I could just get some guidance I think I will be okay.  I am actually really looking forward to doing a tri because I think it will be much easier on my body and it will be such a rush to finish.  My plan is to either do one in July or August.  I just need to see how training goes.

Other then exercising, life is as crazy as always.  We had a wonderful Passover.  I tried to do my first seder, but it didn't go over well.  The kids were going crazy that night and seemed to have no interest at all.  I poured a glass of apple juice (it is normally wine, but I didn't want the kids to accidentally drink it) for the prophet Elijah, which is part of the Passover seder.  Anyway, Samuel has a friend Elijah and he totally lost it because he didn't understand why Elijah was going to come over and get to drink out of a fancy kiddish cup and he couldn't.  We had a good 30 minute meltdown about that.  When Samuel finally calmed down and I put all the food on the table, he actually became pretty interested in the story of Passover and why we were eating certain things.  I hope next year will be better.  This was my first attempt at a Passover seder, so I couldn't expect much.

We also celebrated Easter with Jonathan and Laura and the kids.  We had a wonderful brunch and an easter egg hunt.  All the kids, except Luke participated and it was so much fun.  They had a great time. I love having family traditions and I love that my kids are exposed to different aspects of different religions.

Lastly, of course we watched Michigan pull off an amazing win in the NCAA tournament.  I don't even care that much of all the basketball stuff, but that was pretty exciting.  Dave is looking forward to this weekend and the final four.

I am off to get Simone, she has been sleeping in lately and it has been awesome.  Don't know why the boys can't do the same thing, but I will get what I can take.

No comments: