Monday, April 16, 2012

My Big Girl

I took Simone for her 6 month appointment today.  She is a big girl.  Here are her stats:

Height: 27.25 inches (89%)
Weight: 17.20 pounds (66%)
Head Circ.: 16.89 inches (57%)

I knew she was tall, but holy cow.  I hope this continues and she is much taller then me.  I will be looking up to all my kids.

We have been so busy lately.  It seems like the majority of Samuel's classmates were born in April. We have a birthday party every single weekend and one during the week.  It is crazy.

This past weekend I ran the Go! St. Louis Half Marathon.  I am so sore today.  My knees and hips are killing me.  I hasn't really planned on running much of it at all because I didn't train at all.  The longest run I had done before the half was 5 miles and I didn't even run the entire 5 miles.  Once I was there, I figured I would try to run as much as possible and just see how it went.  I did it in 2 hours and 43 minutes, which I think is pretty good considering I didn't do anything to prepare.  My next half is in October in Detroit.  I am really going to train for that one and I hope to make it in 2 hours and 30 minutes.  We will see how it goes.  Both my mom and sister-in-law did the half too.  They both did awesome.  My mom made it in a little under 3 hours and Laura made it at exactly 3 hours.  It was a very hard course with a lot of hills, so I think we all did a great job.  Yeah for us!!!

Well, I am off to bed soon.  I am still exhausted and I want to catch up on sleep.

Here are some funny pictures from the other night.  I got Samuel some Lightening McQueen pj's several months ago.  I took all the kids last week to Target (which was an extremely exhausting trip) and Joseph saw the same pj's that Samuel had and wanted them and I thought it would be cute if they had something matching.  I put them both in the pj's and tried to get some pictures.  Joseph was being hilarious.  I was telling them to say cheese and these were the pictures I got:




And here are some cute pictures of Simone:



2 comments:

Charisa said...

Congrats on the race! That's great! You can start putting those marathon stickers on your car. Sadly, mine would be 0.0!

Simone's cheeks are definitely filling out - what a cutie!

megan said...

congrats on the race!!! i was wondering how it went!! That's so awesome, especially for no training! Maybe I can come up and cheer you on in Detroit in the fall. Although it's usually the same weekend as Columbus's race which I was planning to run. we'll have to compare schedules - i love spectating!

I love the pics too! I can totally see you and Dave in some of them. :)