Monday, April 30, 2012

Don't stand so close to me

If I were you, I would stay as far away from me today as possible.  No I am not sick, I am just in a ridiculously terrible mood.  I am so worn out and I have bags under my eyes like nobodies business.  I have about three layers of bags.  It would cost me extra to fly today, if I were getting on a flight, my bags are so big and heavy.  

Anyway, last week and this past weekend was extremely busy.  I so need a break from my kids.  We had four birthday parties, but we only attended three.  Dave golfed on Thursday, then he had a work event on Friday night.  On Saturday morning, I had to get up early and I put on a legal seminar at Woman's Place from 9:30 to 11:30. Dave woke up on Saturday morning and started to feel sick.  By 10 am he was texting me that he was absolutely miserable.  Turns out he got food poisoning on Friday night.  Samuel was picked up by a friend and taken to T-ball and the Saturday morning birthday party, so luckily Dave only had Joseph and Simone (and Simone took a pretty good nap that morning), but need less to say he was miserable.  By the time I got home from the seminar, Samuel was being dropped off, Joseph was running around like a madman, Simone was hungry and Dave had a 102 fever and was in bed.  Not the best Saturday ever.  

Dave ended up staying in bed all day and night on Saturday.  We didn't go to the Saturday afternoon birthday party because it was a pool party and I wasn't about to take three kids by myself to a pool party.  I am glad we were stuck at home because we had huge storms and I would have been out driving in them with all the kids.  

Then Sunday rolled around.  Dave was still not feeling well.  Simone took a morning nap at the same time that I took the boys to another birthday party at the park by our house.  It was freezing cold and miserable.  The boys had a ton of fun though, which was what we all needed by this time.  The afternoon turned out to be nice, so I took them up to the school by our house and they rode their bikes and scooter, then jumped in tons of puddles.  When I got home, Dave was up and making us dinner, which I really needed because I was spent.  

This is a busy week too.  I have to go to the grocery store.  We have nothing in our fridge, which never happens.  

Also, on Thursday Joseph is having surgery to remove his birth mark on his bottom and a little thing behind one of his ears.  I am already freaking out, trying to stay calm, but freaked out.  It is going to be another interesting week.  

Here are some pictures of this kids:




Simone's first bow.  Samuel picked them out.


She's a rock star.  Her cool sunglasses for the summer.

The birthday party on Wednesday was a Pirate party and they gave the kids mustaches.  Samuel thought he looked like Papa.

The birthday party on Sunday had a tattoo lady there.  Samuel got a dog on his face, which will be there for days now.  Oh well.

Joseph got a little frog.

Eating cupcakes


Jumping in puddles.  

1 comment:

Laura and Jonathan said...

I'm sorry you are so worn out! I'm free all day tomorrow...bring the kids over and go get a massage. :)