Friday, December 24, 2010

Sensitive Samuel

This past Monday Samuel was really excited to go to Mother's Day Out because this is his last Monday to go.  Starting January, he is going to go to his Spanish school 5 days a week.  So I set out a few different sets of clothes for him to choose from and this is the outfit he picked out (see below).  After I put it on him he looked at me and said, "Mommy I love my outfit."  He is just so cute.




On Tuesday Samuel had his first Holiday Program at his Spanish school.  I can't even describe how nervous I was for him.  On my way to the program I called Dave and told him that my heart was racing. When we got to the event there were probably 70 to 100 parents there with cameras and video cameras.  The director made all the parents of the 2 year olds sit in the front row, just in case they got scared and needed to sit with the parents.  When Samuel came out he was a little hesitant.  He looked around and then instantly started sucking his thumb.  Each child did the obstacle course and then went and sat in the half circle and waited for the music to start.  After he went through the obstacle course he looked around and saw all the people and started to freak out.  His face got bright red and he started to cry.  I felt terrible for him.  When the teachers saw him crying they brought him over to me and he held on so tightly to me.  After a minute of reassurance and hugs, he went right back out there and stood the rest of the time and finally participated in the dancing at the very end.  I was so proud of him.  I was beyond nervous.  He looked so scared, but he showed me that even though he was scared and nervous he went right back out there and finished what he started.  He was wonderful.  Here are pictures from the program.  








I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: