Tuesday, September 18, 2012

On a time crunch

We have been slowly moving along with our basement.  We seem to make progress and then nothing happens.  Well, we must be done by next week.  All the grandparents and family are coming in for Simone's first birthday (which I can't believe) and her baby naming ceremony.  We want the basement finished so everyone can stay with us.

I have been on a rampage of scheduling and making sure we have everything we need.  Not everything will be done by the time everyone comes in town, but there will be places to sleep.  Furniture will be deliver (bed and couch).  I am sure we won't have a TV or anything else down there for that matter, but it will be comfortable.

This morning I woke up with chest pains as my anxiety is starting up already.  I am in a little bit of denial that Simone will be turning one.  This year has flown by so quickly and she is such an amazing baby.  I don't want her to get older.  I am not ready.  This past month she got four teeth on top, which brings her grand total to 6 (2 on bottom).  She is absolutely adorable, happy and mostly easy going.  She is not putting up with any shit from anyone.  I feel so grateful that I got a little girl.  Not only do I appreciate her more because she is my only girl and my youngest, but I also appreciate my boys too.  They are all so different and I love it.

I am in the process of planning and making my list of foods and desserts for the celebration.  I have the food menu prepared, but I am still trying to figure out what I am going to do for the desserts.  For both Samuel and Joseph I made a huge cupcake for them to dig into on their first birthday, but I am not sure I want to do that for Simone.  If anyone has cute ideas, please pass them along.

I am off to do some Internet searching for birthday cakes.  I have to make something adorable!

1 comment:

megan said...

I cannot believe she's almost one!!!!! insane. i'm sure everything will be wonderful - can't wait to see pics! :)