Friday, August 7, 2009

Fast Week

This week has flown by probably because I have had something to do every single day.  Today I have no plans, but I am sure I will come up with something.  It is going to be very hot today, so maybe Samuel and I will hit the pool.  Except that I desperately need to shave my legs, so if I get around to doing that, then we will go.  

I have made dinner everyday this week and it has been great.  Here is what we made:

Monday:  Chicken with carrots, celery and potatoes in the crockpot.
Tuesday:  BBQ Pizza
Wednesday:  Wheat Pasta with Four cheese pasta sauce and chicken Italian sausage.  (I made Dave a big plate of cheese and bean nachos).
Thursday:  Mustard, Pickle and Cheese Sandwich (me) and Samuel had applesauce, cheese, broccoli, cauliflower and some pizza.

I know I am pregnant because last night for dinner I didn't want anything to eat except a mustard, pickle and cheese sandwich. I haven't had one of those sandwiches since I was a kid. My dad used to make them all the time and I loved them. If you love Mustard, Pickles and Cheese, put it in a sandwich and it is so yummy. Anyway, I ate that last night and I had no stomach issues and I felt great.

This week, during the day I have been feeling better, but I still feel terrible at night.  There are many things different about this pregnancy then the last (I am writing this down, so I will remember too.)  For those of you that don't have any interest in my pregnancy, you can stop reading now because there is nothing else important I have to say in the rest of this blog.  

So on with my list of differences:

1.  I am breaking out all over my face.  I don't ever really get zits, but I have little ones all over.  Around my mouth, on my chin, around my nose, on my forehead.  I hope you get the picture, it is everywhere.  I don't think most people would notice them all, but when I get up close and personal with the mirror at night, I am horrified.  (I got no zits with Samuel, my face was crystal clear).

2.  I have been more nauseous with this pregnancy for a longer period of time, but I haven't thrown up.  I just feel completely sick, but I can't seem to yack.  It is good and bad.  

3.  This baby does not like sweets.  I ate a cookie that I made the other day and it tasted so good and then about 5 minutes later my stomach was in so much pain and I got a headache.  I felt terrible.  I have experimented with other sweet foods and my body is not responding well at all.  I feel like I may be pregnant with a baby that is very similar to Dave.  He hates sweets, but loves salt.  Now not eating sweets is in the big picture a really good thing, but I love chocolate and cookies and cakes and this is really going to be sad if I don't eat them for 6 more months.  

4.  I have to eat every 2-3 hours and small meals.  I can't eat really big meals.  I am talking one piece of fruit, one slice of pizza, one piece of toast...at a time.  That is about all I can handle or I start to feel sick.  With Samuel I could eat anything and as much as I wanted and I felt great (after the first trimester).  

5.  My boobs don't really hurt.  This part I really like.  I couldn't even be hugged when I was pregnant with Samuel, my boobs hurt so badly.  My boobs feel perfectly fine.  Hug and squeeze away.

I am sure I will think of more, but I am done for now.  I will probably be updating this list as my pregnancy goes on, so I can keep track of the differences myself.

Have a great weekend everyone.  

2 comments:

megan said...

you crack me up. "Hug and squeeze away" :) and the sandwich. sounds like something only a pregnant woman would love! I hope this baby starts to let you eat some sweets! Maybe he/she just heard the dr's orders not to gain as much weight. :)

Sarah said...

I ate another one of those sandwiches today. You should try it out, they are so good. Also, I better start liking sweets again, you know how much I love them. It is very difficult to turn it down, but since I feel so terrible after, I really have been staying away. I didn't know that I had willpower.