Monday, September 21, 2009

Forgot to add

I was just walking on the treadmill and remembered I didn't post something very important. this morning Samuel had another first. He normally takes a little while to wake up. When he starts stirring in the morning he needs a good 10 to 15 minutes to fully wake up before anyone goes in to get him. Sometimes he goes back to bed when he doesn't feel like getting up. Twice this weekend he slept until 8:15 and 8:30 am. Anyway this morning at about 7:30 he started to wake up and made a little bit of noise. I was downstairs cleaning up the kitchen. All of the sudden I heard a huge thump. I thought Samuel fell into his crib or his music box which he has done before and left huge bruises on his face. Anyway, I went running upstairs and as I got to the hallway, a little boy named Samuel flew his room door open and came running out of his room.

I was in total shock. This is the first time he has ever even tried to get out of his crib and he was successful. He cried a bit, but there were no bruises or anything. I think we are going to see what he does tonight and tomorrow morning. But if he tries and succeeds getting out of his crib again, we are going to convert it to a toddler bed. I don't want any hurt appendages.

That was part of my exciting morning.

2 comments:

markandandrea said...

Yikes! That's no good! Why don't babies know that that kind of stuff will hurt them?? It'd make our jobs so much easier.

megan said...

wow, that's exciting!! And scary. :)